Cove Forge Behavioral Health is a leading provider of inpatient treatment for adults ages 18 and older who are suffering from a primary diagnosis of chemical dependence and certain co-occurring mental health conditions. Located in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, along the picturesque Juniata River, our center provides a tranquil respite in a campus-like, setting tucked away among the trees and mountains.
Cove Forge is known for offering an individualized treatment experience for all the men and women who entrust us with their care. With treatment options that include detox, in-patient non-hospital residential care, partial hospitalization programming (PHP), a dual diagnosis program, and thorough aftercare and discharge planning, Cove Forge provides a comprehensive continuum of care for chemical dependence and mental health conditions.
Service & Support
While engaged with treatment at Cove Forge, our patients are offered an array of services that can be tailored to address their unique goals and concerns. Our multidisciplinary teams of experienced addictions and mental health professionals collaborate to deliver the latest in cutting-edge treatment modalities within traditional, time-tested methods of care.
During their time at Cove Forge, patients can experience a variety of services and activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Ropes activities
- Post-Acute withdrawal education
- Relapse prevention
- Continuing education
- Music group
- NA/AA/DRA/Step Studies
- Gender groups
- Spirituality groups
- Exercise groups
- H&I speakers
- Refocus group
- Medication management
- Family therapy
HOPE at Cove Forge
At Cove Forge, our philosophy is that chemical dependence is a disease, not a character flaw, and should be treated as such. Throughout the recovery community, and society at large, there is a vast amount of misinformation about addiction and relapse. So much emphasis is placed on the psychological and behavioral factors that contribute to substance abuse, and this is of course warranted. However, at Cove Forge, our programming addresses the disease of addiction on a deeper, neurobiological level.
With a focus on brain chemistry, the HOPE program at Cove Forge began with a query into the ways endorphins in the brain impact addictive behavior. It is well documented that upon ceasing one’s substance abuse, there is a sharp decline in naturally present endorphins in one’s brain, and this drop can contribute to an increased temptation to use again. In addition, drugs like opioids erode the body’s ability to produce this important brain chemical which, over time, causes impaired mood regulation and a host of other negative physiological effects.
To address the destabilized endorphin system that results from opioid abuse, we created the HOPE program, otherwise known as the Heroin Opiate Positive Experience. This program addresses addiction holistically, but focuses on activities and supports that promote healing on a neurobiological level. Using researched-backed treatment modalities, the HOPE program at Cove Forge includes:
- Humor Group – Clients learn to utilize humor as a brain recovery tool.
- Exercise Program – Exercise is often considered the most effective way to release endorphins, and promotes both a healthy mind and body.
- A.W.S. Group – P.A.W.S, otherwise known as Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, is a psychoeducational group that helps our clients learn about managing withdrawal symptoms.
- Brainwave Entrainment – Brainwave entrainment is a relaxing process in which we expose our clients to repetitive stimuli of sound and light, which is meant to reset their brainwave frequencies.
- Endorphin-Inducing Foods – Clients can enjoy a blend of strawberry, orange, and berry in our signature pro-endorphin cocktail while learning about healthy eating habits to support endorphin production.
- IT DID/I DID – IT DID/I DID helps our clients learn how to get their needs met in a positive manner, as well as learn how to become empowered enough to overcome addiction.
- Big Brother/Big Sister – At Cove Forge, we set our clients up with a mentor in the form of a big brother or a big sister who has gone through similar experiences.
- Clients are afforded individual sessions for support and education with H.O.P.E. nurses.
- VIVITROL/ReVia is offered as recovery support option for alcohol and opioid dependence.
Learn More Today
To learn more about the HOPE program at Cove Forge, or any other aspect of our treatment programs, please feel free to reach out to us today. Let our admissions staff assist you in making the life-changing decision to start your path to healing at our center.