The Importance of Detox Treatment for Oxycodone Addiction
An incredibly addictive synthetic opioid, oxycodone has played a major role in the spike of prescription drug dependence recent years. Doctors administer oxycodone to help mitigate moderate to severe pain from a variety of medical conditions, from cancer to chronic pain. And when used within the guidelines of the medical provider, oxycodone can prove to be highly useful in providing much needed comfort in times of significant pain.
However, there is a much darker side to this prescription painkiller. Because of the sense overwhelming euphoria this substance can create, it has become a popular choice as a substance of abuse for individuals who are seeking a recreational high. However, even legally prescribed oxycodone use can result in a chemical dependence if dosing is not closely monitored by one’s doctor. Whether one begins abusing oxycodone via illicit means or because of a legitimate prescription, he or she is at risk for a substance use disorder that will require professional help from an oxycodone addiction treatment and rehab center that includes detox in order to overcome this dependence.
One of the most unfortunate aspects of oxycodone abuse is the way one’s body becomes dependent on the drug for normal functioning. After abusing this medication for a period of time, one will develop what is referred to as a tolerance for the substance, and therefore he or she will require increased amounts and more frequent use to achieve the desired high. When this scenario occurs, one is in the midst of an oxycodone use disorder, and painful withdrawal symptoms will set in, should one attempt to end his or her oxycodone use without help from a qualified treatment center that offers supervised detoxification programming. Thankfully, with the help of professionals Cove Forge in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, individuals can find receive the oxycodone addiction treatment and rehab that includes detox they will need in order to find health and wellness once more.
Benefits of Detox at Cove Forge
A person who wishes to end the cycle of oxycodone abuse and chemical dependence may have the most genuine desire to quit using his or her drug of choice and, at the same time, may feel powerless against it. Men and women who attempt to quit using oxycodone alone, without professional care is not sought at an alcohol treatment and rehab center that includes detox, often fail because the painful withdrawal experience can be soothed almost immediately by ingesting oxycodone once again. Repeated failed withdrawals will only undermine one’s ability to achieve sustained sobriety in the long run.
The good news is that men and women who are addicted to oxycodone can rid their minds and bodies of substances of abuse without having to endure withdrawal. By enrolling in a supervised detoxification, or detox, program at a residential treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction, these individuals can benefit from a variety of supports that will help them find success both in the short term and in years to come.
- When choosing to partake in detox at Cove Forge in Williamsburg, PA, each person will be monitored around-the-clock by medical personnel. In this way, the safety of our patients at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction is always ensured.
- Medications can be provided during detox for oxycodone addiction that will eliminate painful withdrawal symptoms, allowing for each person in our care to detox in comfort.
- Given that we have gone to great lengths to guarantee that detox services are delivered in an environment that is free from substances of abuse, the men and women in detox can rest assured that the risk of relapse is virtually impossible given that they will not have access to substances of abuse.
- Having rid one’s mind and body of substances of abuse in detox, men and women who detox at our treatment and rehab center will build a strong foundation of sobriety that will assist them in making the most of the next steps in their oxycodone treatment journey.
- Patients will have access to therapeutic interventions that will be provided by qualified mental health professionals to assist them in processing the detox experience, and building resolve for the road ahead.
- Having completed the detox program at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction, we can provide a seamless transition into residential care that will prevent the type of relapse that can occur during interruptions in access to services during the early days of recovery.
Why Choose Our Detox Rehab in Williamsburg, PA
Making the choice to end the cycle of substance abuse is never an easy choice. In spite of all the damaging consequences brought on by an addiction to oxycodone, battling addictions of any kind takes considerable fortitude. And while many men and women earnestly wish to live drug-free lives, attempting to embark on the road to recovery without the support of a detox program at a treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction can make success difficult to achieve.
Fortunately, we at Cove Forge, located in Williamsburg, PA, can offer the kind of customized treatment and rehab that includes detox that can help you or a loved one overcome a substance use disorder once and for all. Our supervised detox programming has been a catalyst for many men and women, and is but one of the treatment modalities that help the individuals who receive care at our center achieve the sober lives they desire.
To learn more about all the options for treatment and rehab that includes detox for an oxycodone use disorder at Cove Forge, and to get additional information about our services for yourself or a loved one, we hope that you will contact us at your earliest convenience. A better tomorrow can begin with a single phone call today.