At Cove Forge of Pittsburgh, we are pleased to offer a number of comprehensive outpatient treatment options for individuals who are battling chemical dependency concerns. We recognize that substance abuse frequently requires ongoing care, so these programs at our treatment center are designed to help individuals as they continue on their path to lasting recovery.
In order to meet the continuing care needs of as many people as possible at our treatment center, the outpatient programs and classes offered at Cove Forge of Pittsburgh include the following:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient program (OP)
- Chemical Offenders Referral and Education (CORE) classes
The partial hospitalization program was created as a continuation of inpatient programming with a curriculum that is designed to help participants slowly transition out of a higher level of care and back into daily life. PHP is held Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am until 3:30pm. While in PHP, participants may take part in the following therapeutic interventions while in this program:
- Multiple group therapy sessions are offered each day of programming at our treatment center during which time a number of different topics are discussed. Examples of such topics discussed in this program may include, but are not limited to, relapse prevention, life stressors, relationships and boundaries, coping strategies, the 12-Step recovery process, and the disease concept of addiction.
- Meetings with a psychiatrist can occur on an as-needed basis in this program. The psychiatrist is onsite every two weeks, so if participants at our treatment center require an appointment in order to discuss medication management needs, those arrangements will be made.
- Individual therapy sessions in this program are held twice each week, offering participants the opportunity to meet one-to-one with their therapists for 30-minute sessions.
The intensive outpatient and outpatient programs are less intensive than the day partial hospitalization program but are likewise designed to help participants transition back into daily living while still receiving the ongoing support that they need. While engaging in IOP and OP at our treatment center, participants in these programs may take part in the following:
- Led by participants’ primary care counselors or therapists, individual therapy and family therapy are offered on an as-needed basis in these programs.
- Group therapy is the central component of the treatment offered in these programs. In IOP, groups are held three times per week for three hours at a time. In OP, groups are held either one or two times per week for two hours at a time. Like PHP, the following are among the numerous topics that are discussed during these sessions at our treatment center: the disease concept of addiction, life stressors, coping strategies, relapse prevention, relationships and boundaries, and the 12-Step recovery process. Anxiety symptoms and depression symptoms may also be discussed in these programs, as will strategies for coping with both.
While engaged in IOP, participants will take part in a curriculum that also addresses the following topics:
- Education of the Disease
- High Risk Situations
- Recovery Support
- Physical Recovery
- Recovery and Mental Health
- Recovery and the Family
- Relationships and Recovery
- Humor and Recovery
- Recovery and Stress Management
- Character Defects / Value Systems and Recovery
- Criminal Thinking and Recovery
- Holidays and Recovery
- Legal System and Recovery
The schedules for the intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient programs at our treatment center are as follows:
- The Adult Intensive Outpatient Program meets Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am until 12:00pm or on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:00pm until 9:00pm.
- The Adult Outpatient Program meets on Tuesdays from 10:00am until 12:00pm and from 1:00pm until 3:00pm. Outpatient programming is also offered on Wednesdays from 6:00pm until 8:00pm.
- The Partial Hospitalization Program meets Monday – Thursday.
- Family Night for all programs is held on the third Wednesday of every month from 6:00pm until 8:00pm.
- CORE classes are available monthly.
Schedules are subject to change based on needs.
At Cove Forge of Pittsburgh, we believe that treatment must be based on the individual needs of the person who is being served. For this reason, the treatment we provide in our programs at our treatment center is customized to meet each participant’s unique needs and skillset so that he or she has the best opportunity for achieving his or her goals and succeeding in finding true and lasting healing and recovery.
If you or someone you care about could benefit from the outpatient program at Cove Forge in Pittsburgh, PA, contact our treatment center today. We can help.