Cove Forge Behavioral Health understands how important it is to help individuals support their brains during their recovery from opioid dependence. To help facilitate that support and encourage positive growth, we have developed the Heroin Opiate Positive Experience (H.O.P.E. Program).
H.O.P.E. Program Overview
The effects of opioid dependency on the brain can be incredibly damaging, and it’s important to support the brain during early recovery. To help facilitate that support and encourage positive growth, we have developed and implemented the Heroin Opiate Positive Experience, or H.O.P.E., Program.
Unique Treatment Activities
Through the H.O.P.E. Program, our staff helps the individuals in our care at our treatment center truly recover from the effects of a destabilized endorphin system. We accomplish this by offering a number of activities that encourage this positive transformation. The activities that are offered as part of the H.O.P.E. Program include the following:
- Humor Group – The humor group allows the individuals in the H.O.P.E. program to learn how to utilize humor as a recovery tool and as a method for supporting healthy brain functioning.
- Exercise Program – Exercise is often considered the most effective way to release endorphins, so we encourage the individuals in programming at our treatment center to participate in this type of activity to help keep a healthy mind and body.
- PAWS Group – PAWS, otherwise known as Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, is a group that is designed to help individuals in the H.O.P.E. program learn about the effects of their withdrawal symptoms in ways that allow them to begin coping with them properly.
- Brainwave Entrainment – Brainwave entrainment is a process where individuals in the H.O.P.E. program are exposed to repetitive stimuli of sound and light, which is meant to reset their brain wave frequencies. This process is designed to bring about states of relaxation through the releasing of endorphins.
- Smoothie – Smoothie is exactly what it sounds like – a smoothie. A blend of strawberry, orange, and berry is our signature pro-endorphin mixture, and while individuals in the H.O.P.E. program are enjoying them, they will engage in educational discussions to learn how healthy eating habits can support a healthy lifestyle.
- Specialized menus offering endorphin-enhanced foods are provided for individuals in the H.O.P.E. Program.
- IT DID/I DID – IT DID/I DID is an activity where individuals can learn how to get their needs met, as well as learn how to become empowered enough to make that happen. They do this by evaluating what their addiction did and how they handled it in the past and can handle it in the future.
- Big Brother/Big Sister – At Cove Forge, we believe that support is one of the most important aspects of recovery. Therefore, we set up individuals at our treatment center with a “big brother” or a “big sister” who has gone through similar experiences so they can serve as a support system for them as they work towards recovery.
- Individual sessions with H.O.P.E. nurses are provided for support and education.
- VIVITROL/ReVia may be offered as recovery support for alcohol and opioid dependence while individuals participate in the H.O.P.E. Program.
Individual and Group Therapies
Individuals in the H.O.P.E. Program will also be provided with the opportunity to take part in the following:
- Reflection time
- Gratitude celebrations
- Bible study
- Relapse prevention/refocus
Furthermore, the following additional groups are held on an ongoing basis at our treatment center:
- Chemical dependency groups
- Gender groups
- Mental health groups
- Counselor groups
- Spirituality groups
- Gratitude groups
- Music group
- 12-Step meetings
Here at Cove Forge, our staff not only understands the science behind an opioid addiction but also recognizes the importance of the brain’s recovery. Therefore, the H.O.P.E program at our treatment center is an incredible supplement to helping individuals achieve a successful recovery from their addictions to opioids.
If you or someone you care about could benefit from the H.O.P.E. program at Cove Forge in Williamsburg, PA, contact our treatment center today. We can help.