Detoxification is often the first step in substance abuse recovery journey. Cove Forge Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive detox program for adults.
The importance of detox for prescription painkiller addiction
Prescription painkillers have provided positive impacts on individuals within the United States and worldwide. Their ability to reduce pain has significantly improved the quality of life of those who have been impacted by any number of diseases, disorders, and conditions. Of the most commonly prescribed painkillers are opioid-based medications such as OxyContin and Vicodin, which contain oxycodone and hydrocodone, respectively.
In addition to being incredibly valuable for medical reasons, prescription painkillers are commonly abused for purposes of self-medication and/or recreational use, and can present risks that include, but are not limited to, addiction. Some individuals have grown addicted to prescription painkillers after ingesting these substances for medical reasons, while others become dependent because of recreational substance abuse. Regardless of why a person first starts to consume a prescription painkiller, establishing an addiction can be very upsetting and can trigger a number of risks to the individual’s mental and physical well-being that require professional care at a prescription painkiller treatment and rehab center that includes detox.
Defeating an addiction to prescription painkillers can be made more complex by a number of things, such as the prevalence of these substances, their ability to supply beneficial effects, and the onset of withdrawal symptoms when an individual ends, tries to end, or is prevented from the use of them. When an individual develops an addiction to prescription painkillers, his or her body will get used to their presence. When these substances are no longer ingested in a timely manner, the body will react negatively in a number of upsetting ways. These reactions are known as withdrawal symptoms and can be very upsetting when high-quality care is not sought at a prescription painkiller treatment and rehab center that includes detox. Depending upon the severity and overall nature of one’s prescription painkiller abuse and addiction, withdrawal symptoms can include diarrhea, vomiting, tics and tremors, cramping, nausea, sleep disturbances, agitation, anxiety, depression, and intense cravings for the drug.
Since the pain of withdrawal can be decreased by consuming the prescription painkillers that the individual has grown addicted to, attempting to end an addiction independently is often an exercise in futility. However, a safer, more effective, and less painful method is available: detoxification. Also referred to as detox, this process occurs within a clinical setting and under the care of certified professionals. In an environment like this, individuals can rid their bodies of prescription painkillers in a manner that significantly improves their chances of achieving long-term recovery. Thankfully, with the help of professionals Cove Forge in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, individuals can find receive the prescription painkiller addiction treatment and rehab that includes detox they will need in order to find health and wellness once more.
Benefits of our prescription painkiller detoxification
As was previously mentioned, safety and comfort are benefits of partaking in detox at a treatment and rehab center for a prescription painkiller addiction. However, detox supplies a number of additional advantages. Below are some of the many benefits of completing detox at a reputable treatment and rehab program for prescription painkiller addiction:
- Security: During withdrawal, an individual might be tempted to alleviate his or her mental or physical discomfort by going back to the abuse of prescription painkillers. In a detox program, however, any prescription medications will be safely stored and patients will not be able to access them in detox, preventing relapse from occurring.
- Transition: As soon as an individual has effectively completed prescription painkiller detox, he or she can usually move directly into residential care at a treatment and rehab center, outpatient care, or whatever option has been determined to be best for him or her. This direct transition from detox can be critical in the effort to prevent relapse and encourage continual recovery.
- Support: At the time of detox, individuals can benefit from the support of those who are completing the process, as well as the guidance of professional team members. Depending upon the specifics of the detox program at the treatment and rehab center for prescription painkiller addiction, support can range from informal encouragement to numerous types of formal therapy sessions.
- Comfort: Pain management can take a number of forms in a detox program, including the administration of specific medications and therapeutic interventions. Detox professionals are experts in helping patients to prevent and address discomfort as it occurs throughout the process.
- Safety: While it can be painful, withdrawing from prescription painkillers is typically not a dangerous experience. However, complications can develop. In a medically monitored detox program at a treatment and rehab center for prescription painkiller addiction, professional supervision makes sure that all patients are safe during the entire process.
Why choose Cove Forge, located in Williamsburg, PA, for prescription painkiller detox
Many obstacles can prevent an individual from effectively combatting a prescription painkiller addiction. However, fears or concerns regarding the pain of withdrawal or the likelihood of being unable to clear one’s body of these deadly substances should never stand in the way of one’s attempts to obtain professional treatment and rehab at an addiction center that provides detox that can significantly change his or her life. In an effective detox program, those who have grappled with prescription painkiller addiction can receive the supervision, support, and guidance required that will enable them to end their painkiller abuse and begin a successful life of lasting recovery.
At Cove Forge Behavioral Health System in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, we realize the stress that an individual can go through when trying to obtain treatment and rehab for prescription painkiller addiction, and we respect the power of each man and woman who makes this courageous decision. At Cove Forge, we are prepared to supply the comprehensive services, including detox, that can help an individual out of his or her deadly cycle of addiction and into a life that is happier, healthier, and free from substance abuse. If you or someone you care for can benefit from the prescription painkiller addiction treatment and detox we offer, please reach out to us right now. We look forward to providing you with the information you need to make the most effective decision regarding detox and rehab for prescription painkiller for yourself or a loved one.